Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

sat222irq, thanks! That worked, so far....... fingers xed! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

doesn't work for me..

HP Recommended

my laptop hp dv6000 no sound

HP Recommended

Hi Vasanth_hsn,

I understand you have no sound on your HP Pavilion dv6000. If you follow this document on Resolving No Sound or Audio Problems, it will help resolve your issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00833257

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Have an  HP Pavillion DV6-FV161AV Laptop running windows Vista.  No sound..speakers not working.  The following simple and quick fix worked for me!  Thank you, thank you!

Hi All

dears I found  solution for HP dv6 audio problem it is simple no need format no need update. just reinstall the hardware driver by recovery ,, do bellow steps:

- start -> recovery manager(software)

-click advanced option

-check "Hardware driver re-installation " radio

-next

-next again

-choose from list "IDT high definition audio codec driver"

-next

-wait until re-installation done 

-restart

-done (thats it).. thanks

HP Recommended

This worked for me!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

My Windows 10 system was automatically updated and now I don't have any sound. It indicates that the speakers are not plugged in and they are.  I go to the sound card setup and I cannot add the speakers back in,even though they are already plugged in.

HP Recommended

Hey there! @BlackIsleDragon @HPRuss74,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you are unable to play audio from your laptop.

Please try few steps recommended below.

a) Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.
b) Type Troubleshooter in the Search box and then press Enter.
c) Select Troubleshooting. Click on View All and select Playing audio.
d) Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and then follow the rest of the instructions to install it.

If the above-mentioned steps do not work try the mentioned steps below.
1. Right, click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.
2. Click Playback Devices.
3. Click Speakers.
4. Click properties.
5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.
6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality. (Typically 24 bit, 192000 Hz)
7. Apply the properties.
8. Click OK to close the properties window.
9. Click OK to close the Playback Devices.
10. Test.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.