Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I finally gave up on HP customer service and bought an external sound card. Works just fine.

HP Recommended
same problem here. i tried re-installing drivers. re-installed windows through system recovery and the problem persists. obviously there's thousands of others who may be experiencing the same thing. HP needs to do something about this!
HP Recommended

Had this start 2 nights ago. Tried all I can think of aswell... I'm also experiencing the "Blank Screen" and "Won't boot" problems. Anyone else? Maybe they are all related.

HP Recommended

What is an external sound card, and how much do they cost?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem here and I can't affor, or wait for an external sound card.

But I've tried everything possible to repair it, scanned for virus, made a windows restore and checked the disk, and even installed a linux so. But none of these worked.

Any help for us?

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem and I have had it for some considerable time. The volume mixer indicates that the sound should be coming through but the speakers do not work.

I have been on lots of bloggs searching for a solution without success and there are plenty of places to go to discuss this problem.

I would expect that the official HP site would be the best place to go.

I do not see any response from an HP support person on this blogg. How about it HP help us out!

This does look like a systemic issue that justifies a response.

HP Recommended

I have had a HP Pavilion dv6000 for a few years now and only recently I noticed my sound  wasn't as loud as normal.  In just a few days I had None.  I Do have audio using the headphones or ear piece but nothing external .  I have researched and found nothing that works.  Any ideas ?

HP Recommended

I have a dv6125se running XP SP2 and am experiencing the same problem. I often switch between headphones and speakers. One day I unplugged the headphones, and there was nothing from the speakers. As in your case, I still get sound when I plug the headphones in and have tried suggestions from sevral forums and nothing has worked. At this point I think the problem may be hardware. I tried downloading the Fedora 13 Live CD (Linux). I booted Linux from the CD and tried the audio test there. Same problem. Sound through headphones and not through internal speakers when headphones were unplugged. The Fedora LiveCD is at http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora. You could try that as a way to test the hardware. Though be warned, I also found a lot of posts regarding audio problems with Fedora!

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem with HP Pavilion DV4-1235ee. There is no sound from the internal speakers.

I tried so many options and there is no hope.HP customer support is not doing anything on this issue. I checked with one of the service centers and they told me to replace the mother board. It is costing half of the laptop price.

HP Recommended

Wow, I notice that HP Pavilions have many, many sound/audio problems presented in this "official" forum, but rarely any solutions. I have a Pavilion dv9000 that will not play audio on DVDs (but plays CDs fine) in the combo CD-DVD drive. I am getting the impression that the audio system in the laptops is poor. Am I right?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.