Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The sound on my pavillion  dv6000 began when I  Updated the sound drivers.  I had no reason to update anything, everythinhg was working fine.  There were numerous things to update if I chose.  I spent countless hours trying to get the sound to work again as that is pretty much all I used my laptop for was music...  I heard a solution that worked was installing windows XP sound drivers.  I haven't tried it and I am not too comp savvy.....

HP Recommended

I get the same message, "No audio output device is installed."  Unfortunately, I am an old grandma who is not tech savvy.  After trying everything that I personally  could based on help sites, I gave up and gave the computer over  to a pro.  After many of his hours and many of my dollars, I still have no sound (except that some of the keys "beep" when hit.)  Based on the comments read, this is an HP problem and they won't acknowledge it or help in any way.  I'm just venting!

HP Recommended

Looks like i am a new addition to this family of "Sound Card Not Working". Well i also have the same issue. Sometimes when i wake up my PC from Hibernation, sound works fine for a few minutes but then it stucks. And when i restart, the volume bar says no audio hardware installed. Seems like no one has a clue about what is wrong..  

HP Recommended

I also have the problem with no sound from internet but music from cd works fine. Also the local windows sounds do not work.

I see a lot of people post problems on this site does anyone ever get an answer?

HP Recommended

The problem is that HP make crap, go get a new PC

HP Recommended

I had the full loss of sound on my Pavilion ze2000 and this download fixed it..be brave, you have to unintall some drivers, but follow the instructions provided and you'll be happy like me! When you Unzip the files downloaded, you get a .txt file with full instructions.Some of the drivers don't have a little X for uninstall next to them, just ignore them and do the ones that do have an X..the instructions aren't very clear on this point. Thanks to rchambers201, you are a star!

HP Recommended

I too have an HP Pavilion Dv6. My issue is that, although the sound on my computer works just fine....when i do a video chat on gmail on IE, the sound comes from the computer even though the headphones are connected, and at the same time, all system sounds can be heard on the headphones. What is going on and how can i resolve it?

HP Recommended

I have a pretty old (maybe 3-5 years) HP Pavilion DV6000 Series DV6121TX laptop with Windows XP. There is no sound coming from the Internet and normal Windows sounds. The touchscreen sound alos stopped working as the bar neither fills up or empties. However the mute colour changes upon pressing. I tried the steps in http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/no-sound-in-windows but to no avail. I also troubleshooted and the said that the default driver is wrong (the Conexant High Definition Audio). Please help!

HP Recommended

I had the exact problem, then I went on this forum here: http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/54812-no-audio-2.html

and did some things what they said there. I also went here and followed the steps http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00833257

for my Dv6-1245dx vista laptop, and it worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

Thank u sat222irq 🙂 ur suggestion solved my hp's sound problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.