Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

They added "Windows Operating system" on their BIOS description. The support team will try to get a definitive answer, but, I think I can say that if you consider using sound on linux, don't buy this computer. They doesn't seem to want to correct the problem. Other compagnie (nearly all) offert better alternatives.

HP Recommended

I am facing this same issue. Is the recommendation from HP to return this laptop and purchase a Dell for support? Or will they post a BIOS that fixes this issue? There have already been 3 BIOS updates this month and none of them have addressed this known issue from last month. Here is the relevent bugtracker thread for Ubuntu: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1441852

Also, will you please provide the BIOS updates in a format that allows us to flash from a USB drive?

HP Recommended

You can wait a little bit, but if you must choose fast, change your computer. If you don't need sound, the rest work quite well, some bug affecting linux was fixed in the last BIOS (because they fixed it for windows). The non working sound is really a loading bug from the BIOS. The drivers exist in linux and they work well, so it's only HP that can correct it. I was full of hope at start, but now I doubt they will correct it.

HP Recommended

Same thing here. I'm holding on buying this computer, checking the progress on this audio issue.

HP Recommended

Since I returned my x360, I picked up a X1 Carbon from Lenovo per this guy's recommendation. Couldn't be happier with it !

https://major.io/2015/03/30/review-lenovo-x1-carbon-3rd-generation-and-linux/

HP Recommended

05/11/15 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Think this mean case closed, because they "got" what we asked for.
It's more a Booting Issue, but, yes buyers remorse. The worst of all customers problem you can get. They will speak  and give negative point of view of your compagny. But, I'm fair, so there what I think of
your compagny.

Here the grades (Max A+) for my HP experience up to date:

Computer Overall        -       A-: Exept from professional point of view, the laptop is good (for the price)! I would recommand it to my grand-mother, but she won't buy (to expensive). I won't recommand it for power user's (they can buy it). I understand that Linux is not a wide known OS and people have difficulty with it. But, this computer is designed for people that invest money in their computer, many of them, use Linux! 

Support:                -       B+: They were propt. really fast, helping. But they doesn't ressource. There no point to have such good people and giving them no tools !!

Managing:               -       E : Bail out at first difficulty. Chalenge bring rewards, "Who dear, win"                                               

Communication           -       C : Passing grade, you need better interne communications. The team suppose to work with the client side is performing, but again, they cannot get their info well!

Egineering              -       C : Good work at first, but bad follow up. Did you really have engineer that resolve problems? I doubt that one, most of the closed case are Window's miss use.

Research                -       B : Never saw window's work so flawlessly! Sad I cannot test all capacity of your computer on other OS.

I still hope you correct the bug, big compagny are some time clumsy.

HP Recommended

That's a shame. Really love this laptop, but I guess it will be sent back to HP. I'll be ordering the Dell XPS or possible one of the Lenovos, since they seem to actually want to do some work for their customers.

HP Recommended

I'm also having the same issue.

Is this something that will be fixed soon or should a seek a refund?

HP Recommended

Hey,

So today I spoke with technical support. And they told me they officially don't support Linux, and that they have no plans to do it. (Don't know how reliable is this since technical support also asked me to contact the "Linux manufacturer" for help)

So probably assume there won't be a bios update to solve this issue. 

Like noted by others I tried lastest BIOS update (May 11) with no change.

Hopefully the people at the "Linux manufacturer" can come out with a work around, remember go to the launchpad bug track and click on being affected.

Carlos

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.