Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @TheCleanMachine,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you are having a difficulty connecting your mixer to the HP notebook.  Please note the links in the previous posts about cables and the YouTube video on connecting a mixer.     If they have not helped please contact the manufacturer of the mixer for assistance.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

TheCleanMachine,

Help could be on the way;  Microsoft is coming out with Windows 10 and hopefully it will fix all the 8.1 screwup's. It's very sad that Microsoft has "bleeped" all it's vendors and customers and is still in business. They should have been sued out of busness. I no longer trust Microsoft or any of their products. Also hope that HP will recover!

Ham123

HP Recommended

Hello

I've had exactly the same problem, and was utterly dismayed at the technical understanding of the HP support responses.

I'm using a 4 pin jack connector. The root of the problem is that the "Not plugged in" message appears if there is a DC path from the microphone ring on the jack to ground. Many microphones will have a DC path and so will fail to register. However, if there is no DC path, e.g. if you connect a capacitor in series between the microphone ring on the 4 way connector and the microphone, then the microphone is instantly recognised and you can record to your heart's content.

It is terribly sad that HP, a company with a superb history of technology cannot a) provide products that cope with microphones with a DC path and b) provide technically competent answers.

GG

HP Recommended

It works for me if the plug is not pushed in all the way!!

I was having the same problem on my Folio 9480m. But what tipped me off was that the DTS Audio Control Panel in the system tray was saying that it detected that a device was plugged in. So I brought up the Sound control pannel and selected the Recording tab in Windows 7. It said the device was not plugged in. So I started to play with the plug and found that if i pulled the pug out slightly it detected that it was there and everything worked properly. The Sound Control Panel gave the best feedback to let me know that the system was detecting the input. it was Not ideal but I was able to then select the External Mike as an input in Audacity and record what I wanted to record like I have on other computers before this one. 

2015-11-16 01_14_49-Clipboard.png

HP Recommended

Paedrik this works friend as stupid as it seems thank you for your effort.

HP Recommended
I'm having the exact same issue.

Surprised there's no proper answer here.

HP Recommended

NextLaptomMac,

You should not be surprised about getting a proper answer from HP lol. HP has left their users "drifting in the wind". Anyway if your laptop has a "combo jack" you will need to buy an "adapter" jack in order to allow "audio-in"  and "audio-out". The jacks cost around $6 or $7 dollars. Hope you have good luck with your audio. As your user name implies that could be the best choose if you can get your money back from HP.

Ham123

HP Recommended

using this can also help you solve the problem.....

3.5mm 2 Female to Male Adapter

posting a link here : (if it is allowed in HP Forum)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-3-5mm-2-Female-to-Male-Adapter-Splitter-Cable-Headphone-to-Smar...

It would be great if HP could provide a splitter/adapter with the package   😄

HP Recommended
This won't help.

THE SOLUTION: A behringer uca202, or similar, Usb interface to use as an external Usb card/ rca ports.

This is the only way around it.
HP Recommended

NextLaptopMac,

Spending your hard earned money to fix HP's screw ups is a poor work around. The best is to get your money back and move on down the road.  This company has lost it's way.

Ham123,  ps: even if you buy the external device there is no guarantee it will correct the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.