Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The audio on my HP Spectre x 2 is horrible. I have chatted online and over the phone with HP and after updating the audio driver and BIOS several times the audio is still horrible. I can barely hear anything even when playing a youtube video - and the speakers are on 100%!

I think the problem is the crappy conexant HD/ISST audio because I had a HP Pavillion laptop and the audio on that was superior.

Is there are way of removing the conexant crap and replacing it with something better?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

nicolast64

I don't know why you were told to update the BIOS as that would have nothing to do with the quality of the audio.

HP uses a variety of different audio chips in their laptops, so just because the audio is good in one, is no indication it will also be good in others.

Sorry, but the audio chip is soldered to the motherboard inside the laptop and is not replaceable.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

My audio is very bad and gets better when I uninstall Conexant HD Audio (Which has the HP logo).

But after a restart it comes but automatically and I have the same problem.

Have a look at my post and please let us know how we can disable the automatic installation of this driver.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/I-want-to-get-rid-of-HP-Audio-C...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.