04-03-2009 09:28 AM
Also, instead of emailing them the files you could just upload them to a free host and then email them the link to download.
Free file hosting links: http://www.megaupload.com/ | http://www.mediafire.com/ | http://www.filefactory.com/
06-01-2012 12:45 AM
I just find a step by step guide on how to compress audio WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA, M4A, AIFF, PCM, OGG, etc. to smaller file size with high audio quality at How to Compress Audio WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA, M4A, AIFF, PCM and etc?
why not have a free try, hope it helps
12-26-2012 11:33 PM
The following will introduce a step by step guide on how to compress various audio files to smaller file size with the help of the powerful Audio Compressor software - Bigasoft Audio Converter at How to Compress Audio WAV, MP3, FLAC, WMA, M4A, AIFF, PCM and etc?
This guide applies to:
Compress MP3, FLAC, WAV, WMA, M4A, AIFF, MP2, OGG, AC3, RA, AU and etc to smaller file size as well as keep the same audio format.
Compress WAV to MP3, AC3, M4A or AU with almost no loss of audio quality.
Compress FLAC to MP3, M4A or AC3 with high audio quality.
Compress AIFF to M4A, MP3, AC3 and more audio format.
Compress M4A to MP3, WMA, AC3, RA and etc.
Compress WMA to MP3 with smaller file size.
Compress PCM, M4B, MPC, QCP, AMR, AWB, TTA, CUE, APE and etc to MP3.
04-14-2014 12:51 AM
You may refer to the following there method to compress WAV files
Method 1: Compress WAV to other audio format
- Compress WAV to lossless compression audio format without losing audio quality like compress WAV to FLAC, compress WAV to Apple Lossless ALAC M4A
- Compress WAV to lossy audio format like compress WAV to MP3, compress WAV to WMA, AAC, RA and etc.
Method 2: Lower WAV bit rate
- With this method, we can easily reduce WAV file size without changing WAV audio format.
- The lower the bit rate, the smaller the WAV file size, the lower quality of the WAV audio.
- In most cases, WAV audio quality shows little difference between 128kbps and higher bitrates. WAV quality will become crappier if the bit rate is less than 128kbps.
Method 3: Compress WAV to other audio format as well as lower bit rate
The third way to compress a WAV file size is that we simultaneously apply Method 1 as well as Method 2.
07-10-2015 03:26 AM
From Adobe forum, I found a solution to compress WAV files:
Method one Decrease Sample Size or Sample Rate
Click "Setting..." > "Advanced" > "Audio Codec" and in this section, lower the parameter of "Sample Rate" to compress WAV files. Or decrease sample size to 8 bits by changing Audio Codec to pcm_u8.
Note: Do not lower too much, otherwise the quality will lose.
Method two Compress WAV to other audio format
In this method, you can compress WAV to lossless compressed audio formats like FLAC, Apple Lossless (filename extension m4a), etc or compress WAV to lossy compressed audio formats such as MP2, MP3, OGG Vorbis, AAC, AC3, and DTS and so on.