Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just bought a HP ENVY m6 laptop.  It is running Windows 8.  I want to know how to disable the low battery beep.  It hasn't been a problem until last night when my battery started beeping before I went to bed.  I just closed the lid and the beeping stopped so I went to sleep.  Then at 4:am it started beeping again.  I don't know if my computer turned itself on to do an update but whatever the reason, I would have prefered for the battery to die instead of waking me up in the middle of the night.

It's also just a really LOUD beep that scares my youngest child whenever it starts.  It's like a race to find the power cord to get it to stop.  I would rather just have a prompt come on my screen and tell me that I have 10% battery life left.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When you click on the link from my previous post, the download should begin automatically. 

• Google Chrome users will see it drop immediately into the Downloads bar at the bottom of their screen upon clicking. 
  • Internet Explorer users will see the 'Do you want to run or save...' box at the bottom of their screen upon clicking.
  • Mozilla Firefox users will get a 'Would you like to save this file' box. 

If for some reason that doesn't come up, you can also get it from this page. This page has only one product number listed and I know everyone doesn't have the 1184ca but it is the same BIOS version.

All product numbers' Driver Pages will have it.

Click here to go to the Support and Drivers Page  

1. Find your product number by pressing FN +ESC
  2. Enter it in the 'Find by Product' field and Click Go
  3. Click on your model in the results (1 match found)
  4. Select Windows 8 and Click Next
  5. Expand BIOS
  6. Click on HP Notebook System BIOS Update Version F.34
  7. Click the Orange Download button
  8. Run the file. IMPORTANT: Your notebook will restart on its own during the installation. Allow it to restart and return to the Start screen
  9. When it's convenient for you, let your battery run down and let me know if you experience the beep.

Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

106 REPLIES 106
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try disabling it from Power Options..

Here are the steps:

i) In the new Windows 8 desktop screen just start typing Power Options and then click on it.

Power_Options_Win8.PNG

ii) Power Options click on "Change Plan Settings" and then Click " Change Advanced Power Settings"

In Advanced settings scroll down to Battery. Click on the + next to battery and change the different notification warning

to "Do Nothing" or make them to zero..

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding....I've changed the levels and hopefully this fixes it.  I'll let the battery die today and see what happens.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I am having the same troubles. I turned all of the settings under battery in the advanced settings section to do nothing or no. Still the battery beeps. It is so annoying! It seems like it is every 30 seconds after it gets below 12%. 

HP Recommended

Try this also:

Type Sound in the Windows 8 desktop screen. Then click on Sound. In the next windows click on Sounds at the top. Under program events disable the sound for Critical Battery Alarm and Low Battery Alarm.

If the problem continues then battery checks..You can follow the link below:

Here are the steps:

Resolving the Battery Alert message

To resolve a Battery Alert message, you should perform the Battery Test in the System Diagnostics (F2) environment, and calibrate the battery for best performance.

To access the HP System Diagnostics Battery Test , turn on the computer and immediately press the esc key to display the Startup Menu. Press the System Diagnostics F2 key, and then select the Battery Test option.

HP Recommended

Bought the same model.  Followed the instructions, disabled all battery-related notifications through windows, still retains the terribly annoying beep every 30s  when battery gets low.  Checked the beats audio settings/amd vision control nothing there as well.  Do not know what to do now... 

HP Recommended

Disabiling everything did NOT fix the problem.  I like my last HP that just told me when I had 10 and 5% battery life left with a little box that came up.  

HP Recommended

sorry, but for me, this is still a problem.  There is a very loud beep every 30 seconds when the battery gets low.  I have disabled all the low battery notifications from sounds and even when I diabled the audio driver, the thing still beeped.  It is not a windows sound. Please, how do I disable it?    

HP Recommended

Mine is still beeping as well. It is ridiculously loud. Please help!

HP Recommended
Have you checked the settings in the BIOS?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.