Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When you click on the link from my previous post, the download should begin automatically. 

• Google Chrome users will see it drop immediately into the Downloads bar at the bottom of their screen upon clicking. 
  • Internet Explorer users will see the 'Do you want to run or save...' box at the bottom of their screen upon clicking.
  • Mozilla Firefox users will get a 'Would you like to save this file' box. 

If for some reason that doesn't come up, you can also get it from this page. This page has only one product number listed and I know everyone doesn't have the 1184ca but it is the same BIOS version.

All product numbers' Driver Pages will have it.

Click here to go to the Support and Drivers Page  

1. Find your product number by pressing FN +ESC
  2. Enter it in the 'Find by Product' field and Click Go
  3. Click on your model in the results (1 match found)
  4. Select Windows 8 and Click Next
  5. Expand BIOS
  6. Click on HP Notebook System BIOS Update Version F.34
  7. Click the Orange Download button
  8. Run the file. IMPORTANT: Your notebook will restart on its own during the installation. Allow it to restart and return to the Start screen
  9. When it's convenient for you, let your battery run down and let me know if you experience the beep.

Thanks everyone!

HP Recommended

it works!! thanks you!!!

HP Recommended

Before I try this, I just wanted to ask if this has it helped anybody else and Will downloading this and running this affect the memory and computer in any way other than removal of the beep. I'm just not that knowledgeable about computers.

Thank you for your hard work at finding a solution to this annoying problem.

HP Recommended

Hey rosies_99, 

No. This BIOS was created specifically to resolve the low battery beep so it should not have any advese effects. BIOS updating is pretty common. I have never seen a BIOS update cause an issue unless it was inadvertently interrupted by the user unplugging the computer or something similar. As long as you let it "do its thing" and you allow it to restart on its own without pressing the power button or unplugging it, it should go smoothly. Some people are leery of such a "big" update but the only time it's a "big" deal is when it is interrupted.

Thank you for your appreciation 🙂

HP Recommended

I just wanted to say that this worked for me.  No more embarassing obnoxious beeping from my laptop!!!

Thanks so much for sticking wih it AxshunJaxun!  And thank you to the HP engineers!

HP Recommended

@etommytay Thank you so much for your time and patience! I appreciate you taking the time to confirm the solution and say thanks as well 🙂

HP Recommended

I tried it and it worked! I let the battery go down all the way to he 6% mark and it didn't beep. I hope it continues to work. So, Thank You for your help, now I don't have to listen to the annoying beep.

HP Recommended

@rosies_99 Thanks for your feedback! Glad it helped 🙂 

HP Recommended
@AxshunJaxun
It works! No more beeping! I can tell when the battery is low from the alerts on screen and that's about enough! Thank you for your sustained efforts and updates 😄
HP Recommended

@gmak03 Absolutely! That is what I'm here for. I hate that it took several weeks but I'm happy a resolution was provided.

I really appreciate everyone's comments and kudos! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.