11-18-2012 10:09 PM - edited 01-06-2013 12:51 PM
I just bought a HP ENVY m6 laptop. It is running Windows 8. I want to know how to disable the low battery beep. It hasn't been a problem until last night when my battery started beeping before I went to bed. I just closed the lid and the beeping stopped so I went to sleep. Then at 4:am it started beeping again. I don't know if my computer turned itself on to do an update but whatever the reason, I would have prefered for the battery to die instead of waking me up in the middle of the night.
It's also just a really LOUD beep that scares my youngest child whenever it starts. It's like a race to find the power cord to get it to stop. I would rather just have a prompt come on my screen and tell me that I have 10% battery life left.
Thanks in advance.
Solved! View Solution.
Re: How do I disable the low battery beep?
06-14-2013 09:34 AM
When you click on the link from my previous post, the download should begin automatically.
- Google Chrome users will see it drop immediately into the Downloads bar at the bottom of their screen upon clicking.
- Internet Explorer users will see the 'Do you want to run or save...' box at the bottom of their screen upon clicking.
- Mozilla Firefox users will get a 'Would you like to save this file' box.
If for some reason that doesn't come up, you can also get it from this page. This page has only one product number listed and I know everyone doesn't have the 1184ca but it is the same BIOS version.
All product numbers' Driver Pages will have it.
- Find your product number by pressing FN +ESC
- Enter it in the 'Find by Product' field and Click Go
- Click on your model in the results (1 match found)
- Select Windows 8 and Click Next
- Expand BIOS
- Click on HP Notebook System BIOS Update Version F.34
- Click the Orange Download button
- Run the file. IMPORTANT: Your notebook will restart on its own during the installation. Allow it to restart and return to the Start screen
- When it's convenient for you, let your battery run down and let me know if you experience the beep.
11-19-2012 02:38 AM
Try disabling it from Power Options..
Here are the steps:
i) In the new Windows 8 desktop screen just start typing Power Options and then click on it.
ii) Power Options click on "Change Plan Settings" and then Click " Change Advanced Power Settings"
In Advanced settings scroll down to Battery. Click on the + next to battery and change the different notification warning
to "Do Nothing" or make them to zero..
11-23-2012 07:22 PM
I am having the same troubles. I turned all of the settings under battery in the advanced settings section to do nothing or no. Still the battery beeps. It is so annoying! It seems like it is every 30 seconds after it gets below 12%.
11-25-2012 12:50 AM - last edited on 02-22-2017 08:28 AM by OscarFuentes
Try this also:
Type Sound in the Windows 8 desktop screen. Then click on Sound. In the next windows click on Sounds at the top. Under program events disable the sound for Critical Battery Alarm and Low Battery Alarm.
If the problem continues then battery checks..You can follow the link below:
Here are the steps:
12-04-2012 09:54 PM
Bought the same model. Followed the instructions, disabled all battery-related notifications through windows, still retains the terribly annoying beep every 30s when battery gets low. Checked the beats audio settings/amd vision control nothing there as well. Do not know what to do now...
12-05-2012 03:26 PM - edited 01-06-2013 12:56 PM
Disabiling everything did NOT fix the problem. I like my last HP that just told me when I had 10 and 5% battery life left with a little box that came up.
12-15-2012 09:02 PM
sorry, but for me, this is still a problem. There is a very loud beep every 30 seconds when the battery gets low. I have disabled all the low battery notifications from sounds and even when I diabled the audio driver, the thing still beeped. It is not a windows sound. Please, how do I disable it?
12-20-2012 01:54 PM