Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

How do I get the speaker Icon back on my task bar so I can quick adjust volume .It just dissappeared one day. ? Bizzare

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

This assumes you're running Windows 7. You may have to right click on the task bar to unlock it first and the restart the computer.

Go to "Control Panel" > Notification Area Icons", in that window find the "Volume" icon (fourth one from the top) and to the left of it click on the drop down box and choose "Show icon and notifications"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, I did that already, but there must be something that is blocking me to acces the check box because its grey and won't let me click it (that and the network box) I can check/uncheck theclock and the power? and thats it - do you know how to get those to be accessible?  I know the task bar isn't locked. Iknow its something stupid,duh. just can't figure it out.

HP Recommended

That's it, I don't know. Guessing some application has changed something, a virus or a Windows up date.

Only you know what has happened on your machine. A repair shop would do a Windows restore point and go back to a date when it was working, and that is what I would try now.

HP Recommended
Thanks again, i agree I think an update must have switched it off or makes it unable to access. I'll have to break down and bring it in.
HP Recommended

There is a way to go back yourself. Under control panel, then system end security. Then Action center, restore your computer to an earlier time. It may be worth a try.

HP Recommended

I, too have been having this frustrating problem.   I corrected by checking my other users and one of my users had turned off the speakers which made everyone's audio system inoperable.   Hope that this works for you.

HP Recommended

Go to Start and click the Control panel, Now go to Sounds and Audio and click that, You should see a small square in the center to check that has place the sound Icon on my taskbar. the click ok at the bottom of the box and see if you can now find a speaker icon on your taskbar to unmute.

Percybulldog

HP Recommended

how do I get the speaker icon back on my task bar

HP Recommended

@himenes50 wrote:

How do I get the speaker Icon back on my task bar so I can quick adjust volume .It just dissappeared one day. ? Bizzare

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.