Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-4150ca BANG & OLUFSEN AUDIO

S/N: (removed content)

On the Client Management Solutions - HP Driver Packs web page I only found and downloaded the Windows 8.1 64-bit file sp76271.exe for the HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 Convertible PC to update all but one missing device driver.

Error: No Audio Output Device is installed.

In Device manager, Other Devices the Intel High Definition Audio driver is not installed (Code 28)

Searched Online for software, with the message: Windows was unable to install your Intel High Definition Audio, could not find driver software for your device.

Ran Windows updates (34 important) did not resolve driver issue.

Can you please help me find a solution

Regards

Vince

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see that W8.1 is supported by HP for your model.  I only see W10 drivers.

Here's what I suggest you do...

Download and save, but do not run, this W10 graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74468.exe

Then download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd link on top of the page is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the Intel graphics driver file you downloaded and saved.

Select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  And let it extract the exe file into its driver folder name (sp74468).

Once that is done, go to the device manager and click on the problem Intel HD audio device needing the driver.

Click on the Driver tab.  Click on Update driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response to my question.

I followed the steps you provided but unfortunately it did not resolved my issue.

I also spoke to an HP support Tech for the Spectre x360 and was told to contact Microsoft to have the Intel High Definition Audio driver for Windows 8.1 created.

p.s. the phone number provided was incorrect.

Agian Thanks for your help.

Regards.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work.

If you did not delete the file 7-zip created and you look in the DisplayAudio folder you will see that there is another folder with the HD audio drivers for more than Windows 10, which is why I thought that would work for you.

Whoever you spoke to at HP gave you the business, IMO.

First of all HP does not support your notebook for any other operating system but Windows 10.  So they will never provide W8.1 drivers.

Second of all, Intel (not Microsoft) is responsible for developing and releasing drivers for their graphic products, and HP would have to work with Intel to provide W8.1 graphics drivers for your PC...which they have no intention of doing.

It is incumbent on the end users if they install unsupported operating systems, to try and find solutions on their own.

I'm not ready to give up on this just yet. 

Intel does have generic W8.1 graphics drivers on their website for the graphics adapter your notebook has, so see if this works...

Download and unzip the 4th file listed on the left side of the webpage.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8...

After you unzip the file, use the same browse my computer for driver software method you tried before.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Again thanks for trying but the generic Intel  W8.1 graphics drivers did not work either.

We have made the decision to move forward and build a Win 10 image for this unit. 

Thanks for all your input.

Vince

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Vince.

Can't say we didn't give it our best!

HP Recommended

I have a HP probook G4 450 and have the same issue with the intel high definition audio driver and hence that is not working. I went through this post and find the issue is the same but model is different. which one of your suggestions i should try? 

HP Recommended

intesl high definition  audio driver is not installed (code 28)

HP Recommended

Try to download the High definition Realtek Audio Driver to solve this issue because my laptop was also facing the same problem. My problem is solved by changing the Audio Driver on my Laptop. You can also try to go by installing the new driver for your Laptop/Computer. If you are using a Lenovo laptop and wanted to get the compatible driver and software contact to Lenovo Support for help and to fix your errors.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.