Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. First, thank you for taking the time to read this message. I'll try and add all the valuable information I can. However, if you need further information to help solve the issue, please let me know. So a few weeks ago I notice that my audio was heavily distorted (like you know that sound your laptop makes when you bump it, that sound). I downloaded Realtek audio HD driver, made sure it was up to date to help with the distortion. Well, then the volume became too low. I kept installing  Realtek audio drivers from HP, removing all realtek devices  (under Sound, Video, Game Controller in device manager), browsing for updates over the internet, etc but nothing work. Additionally, I've gone to Playback devices (under the volume icon in the task bar), selecting my speakers, going to properties, and selecting Enhancements, and selecting "Loudness Equalizer". So far that has helped a little bit. My volume now is at 100% and it sounds like it did when it was 20% (when there were no issues). 

Unfortunately, I don't know how long this problem has persisted and I don't think there's a restore point before that time to try and reverse the effects. Is there any way that I can find the original driver that came with this notebook? Currently, I went to device manager>Sound, Video,Game Controller, Realtek HD Audio, update> Browse>  Let me pick>choosing the earliest driver. 

Any advice would be really welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @kendrat0,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

As I understand the audio quality is lower than expected and need a solution.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong and thank you for the details)

Could you please provide me with the product number of the PC? If you're not sure how to find that information, please click here for information.

I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue: Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS).

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. For more steps, follow a similar post on the HP Forums: Click here

* Perform a hard reset

* Reset BIOS to defaults

* Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

* Update the BIOS

* Reset your computer

* Perform an HP System Recovery

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @kendrat0,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

As I understand the audio quality is lower than expected and need a solution.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong and thank you for the details)

Could you please provide me with the product number of the PC? If you're not sure how to find that information, please click here for information.

I have a few steps you could perform to resolve the issue: Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS).

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device. For more steps, follow a similar post on the HP Forums: Click here

* Perform a hard reset

* Reset BIOS to defaults

* Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

* Update the BIOS

* Reset your computer

* Perform an HP System Recovery

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the thorough response. My product number is Product number:N5Y90UA#ABA. I just searched the hp drivers page for this model of notebook. I'll mark your case as a solution for the future though, because you never know, I might have to do this later on. Thank you so much for your thoroughness! Have a wonderful weekend! 

HP Recommended

This looks like a good solution for my problem of very very low volume as well --- but, how do you accomplish the things that you list to do?  Like reset BIOS, hard reboot, etc?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.