Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My HP Pavillion dv6-6c10us Entertainment PC volume is so low that I can hardly hear it! Listening to music and looking at videos or movies is extremely frustrating because I can barely hear the sound. I have done an extensive sound check. All of the sounds  are at maximumsettings. Is there some type of flaw with the sounds  on this laptop? When I purchased it  about 6 months ago, I did expect to be unable to barely hear from the speakers. I need help, this very, very frustrating!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

When laptop sound is low, thing can help is the following:

✔️Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'. 

✔️Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button. 

✔️Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'. 

✔️Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

You can check the drives: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

When laptop sound is low, thing can help is the following:

✔️Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'. 

✔️Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button. 

✔️Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'. 

✔️Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

You can check the drives: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the support. I was able to apply the instructions that were given to me, to correct the situation. It is so encouraging to me, that I could get  the help I needed. I appreciate your expeditious response.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

volume of my laptop is low ,,how can i improve

HP Recommended

DavidPK,

I previously tried what you suggested and it worked great. After the last HP update, the volume was very low again. Now when I try to fix it, the enhancements tab is missing.

Any ideas on what to do now?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Worked Great Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having same issue with my  HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook.

I did follow all steps, but i do not see Enhancements Tab and no 'Loudness Equalization'

HP Recommended

I do not have 'Enhancements Tab and no 'Loudness Equalization' on my HP laptop, however I solved my problem and the sound volume is much higher compared to before. 

Follow this process, and this might solve your issure on low volume. 

Right click on sound, go to "Playback devices". Then right click on all devices and "disable sound". After this, right click on the sound device for instance for me it was "Communication Headphones" and click "enable". This will force the device your using to restart and function correctly.   

Wait 5-10 seconds to see the affect. 

HP Recommended

this enhancement option makes the volume even more low ,my brother dell laptop has good sound at better price

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.