Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification tray and select "Playback Devices".

In the Playback tab of the "Sound" window, right click "Speaker" and click Properties.

Go to the Advanced tab.

Uncheck the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" checkbox under the "Exclusive Mode" section.

Click on Apply button.

Please check if your problem is resolved now.

HP Recommended

Tried your way, no improvement unfortunately, I think its something to do with IDT and the SRS software, if you put IDT in the ask me anything cortana, its shows you SRS premium sound, open that, go to listening experience, turn all those sliders to the top and then save, you will have much improved sound

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

HP Recommended

This issue is becaue the software : Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver is not upto date. 

Download the latest version of the software at http://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers.

Alternatively, In the Start Menu, Search for "HP Support Assitant"; In the "Updates" tab, update Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver.

I too had the same problem till last month. But I am no longer facing any issues.

HP Recommended

I found the solution to my low volume, I changed the speakers, it was a real pain in the a** to do but my volume works perfect now, I must've damaged the wire somehow, or the speakers just went, hope this helps you guys

HP Recommended

I have fixed it, i didnt go to properties anywhere. I just installed 'Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver' for windows 10 that i downloaded from hp.com. Sound is pretty good now, it is not low. 

HP Recommended

Thank you, I can't believe the improvement, it was so bad before a tiny plug in speaker was better then the laptop!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.