Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is starting to look like this may be a hardware issue, but as a further test, try the following.

1.  Create a bootable Ubuntu CD - a guide on creating an Ubuntu CD and the download can be found Here.

2.  When created, follow the guide on the link below to Try Ubuntu.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/try-ubuntu-before-you-install

The 'Try Ubuntu' option runs the OS from the CD without the need to install on your HDD.  This will be slow running from a CD, but see if you have audio through the speakers.

Let me know.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

haaa..haaa....I'm sooo happy....It's working now...Actually I didn't happen to try that Ubuntu CD installing. Even this morning sound didn't work. But now it's working. 

Thank you sooooo much for all valuable instructions! Now I think when I'm in a trouble like this (again :smileywink:), I can get your help...can I? :generic: 

And this is for you..

thank-you.gif

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're more than welcome and it's really good to hear it's working :generic:

Best regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
should i install the IDT HD Audio Driver which i downloaded or just intall Intel Chipset Driver
HP Recommended

hello .. 

I have same problem with hp laptop .. my product number is 

FR922UA#ABA

HP Recommended

I tried same instruction you provided here but didn't work ,,, i thought it may work for all hp laptop ,, every thing went good till when i tried to run IDP installer, 

HP Recommended

Hey there!

My sound doesnt work on the speakers but when i try to plug in headphones, it just works for skype(thats because i changed communication headphones as default device for skype). Everything else, google chrome, windows media player, etc.. doesnt work. Can anyone help me please??

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Would this fix work on an Elitebook 6930P with Windows 7 and SP1?  I have upgraded the sound driver which is a Soundmax driver (downloaded from the HP website).  I have tried all fixes except changing the driver, with no success.  I have no sound from the internal speakers however I plug in headphones the sound is fine. 

Thanks in advance. 

HP Recommended

hp pavillion gs6  no sound from speaker

HP Recommended

I am having hp g6 2005ax notebook and I  m having the same problem....reply me...[edited email address]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.