Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Netbook HP 2140
Microsoft Windows XP

No Sound from my laptop speaker but Headphone works

i tried at settings and i can see the speakers are enabled but not sound from speakers

PRODUCT: HP 2140

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @papadog75,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! Good day! 🙂 I reviewed the post about speaker issues on the HP mini. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂

Superb effort, brilliant troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this?

• When did they last work correctly?
  • The reason that I ask you this is because the speakers are faulty and need to be replaced.
  • Please provide the complete product# of the unit?

Excellent work by connecting a headset to the audio port and checking if it works. So as there is audio from the headset and not the speakers, It is clear as daylight, that the speakers need to be replaced as they are faulty. 

Please contact HP phone support from this link: http://hp.com/contacthp and follow the on-screen instructions to get the notebook serviced.

If it is out of warranty by a long time, then service options may not be available as it is no more manufactured. Then, please contact a local Best Buy or Staples technician to get the situation corrected.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @papadog75,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! Good day! 🙂 I reviewed the post about speaker issues on the HP mini. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂

Superb effort, brilliant troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this?

• When did they last work correctly?
  • The reason that I ask you this is because the speakers are faulty and need to be replaced.
  • Please provide the complete product# of the unit?

Excellent work by connecting a headset to the audio port and checking if it works. So as there is audio from the headset and not the speakers, It is clear as daylight, that the speakers need to be replaced as they are faulty. 

Please contact HP phone support from this link: http://hp.com/contacthp and follow the on-screen instructions to get the notebook serviced.

If it is out of warranty by a long time, then service options may not be available as it is no more manufactured. Then, please contact a local Best Buy or Staples technician to get the situation corrected.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you always. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

when you ask me about the complete product# of the unit... what more informations i need to send?

you mean the other details of HP 2140 at the bottom of the netbook ?

The last time my speakers work well was before 3-4 days

one of my applications ask to update graphics driver...

tried to find the way to update Graphics Driver..

Then i restart my computer

and when i tried to listen some music... after that was no sound..

tried earphones and work ok... also tried external usb speakers and work ok..

if you will send me the link to try install again sound drivers.. will fix that problem ?

or i will need to replace the speakers... ?

p.s. Congrats for your products... i have 2 HP PC... a Laptop and a Netbook... and also HP Printer..

All work fine and that is the first time i have a problem and need to be fixed...

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @papadog75,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing to work with and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂 Now the speakers need to be replaced. I will still send you the link to reinstall the audio driver: http://hp.com/drivers Please visit this link and select the country. Then follow the on-screen instructions to do it.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.