07-15-2009 09:35 AM
07-16-2009 12:48 PM
Have you tried changing the audio configuration in the control panel?
- Reinsert the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the notebook PC.
- After approximately 10 seconds, switch the audio source in the Control Panel:
- Click Start , Control Panel, Hardware and Sound and then click Sound.
- Select the HDMI audio device, click Set Default and then click OK.
Try that with the monitor connected.
I am an HP employee.
07-19-2009 04:50 AM
Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
03-29-2012 02:55 PM
Hi, I went under the control panel to try and switch my sound system from my laptop to my monitor like you said, but it is not recognizing my monitor for some reason. I cannot find the device anywhere actually but when I plug in the hdmi my screen pops up on the monitor so I am not sure what to do now.
02-16-2016 08:49 AM
I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.
It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!