Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

[1]-After installing several drivers, using Driver Detective from PC Drivers HeadQuarters,I no longer have any sound at all! The last driver I installed was Conexant AC-Link Audio.

[2]-I can't even go to a previous Restore Point because I get the "Restoration Incomplete" message.

[3]-In Device Manager,under Sound, video and game controllers, there is no Conexant AC-Link Audio listed. [4]-There is,however, Multimedia Audio Controller with an exclamation point in a yellow circle; I went ahead and disabled this one.

[5]-I downloaded Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver from HP.COM yesterday. I stopped the installation, though, because of an alert pop-up: " ...has not passed Windows Logo testing...". I had received this same alert with the driver from the other company but I went ahead and tried to install it anyhow. This time I thought I'd better not.

[6]-In Control Panel>>Sounds and Audio Devices Properties>>Volume tab: next to the speaker icon it says "No Audio Device". -- [7]-Also,sound icon that used to be at bottom right in task bar is no longer there.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved--sound is back. In Control Panel>>...>>Sound and Audio Devices Properties>>Audio tab Default device was "Modem #0 Line Playback". I clicked on the expandable arrow and there was "Conexant AMC Audio".  When I selected this one, all the grayed -out buttons became accessible and my sound came back.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Problem solved--sound is back. In Control Panel>>...>>Sound and Audio Devices Properties>>Audio tab Default device was "Modem #0 Line Playback". I clicked on the expandable arrow and there was "Conexant AMC Audio".  When I selected this one, all the grayed -out buttons became accessible and my sound came back.

HP Recommended

Hi grev_1,

Thank you for coming back to let us know you found a resolution to your issue. Your comments will potentially be very helpful to your peers in the future!

• Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

• When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended

Hi, I tried a solution re  no sound device from my Compaq Presario V5101AU Notebook PC  ut it didn't work. All grey areas in sounds and audio device properties say no devic es, any more ideas? I downloaded the driver but it said thhere was no sound device installed

HP Recommended

I know it;s a while since you posted this but your solution didn't work for me - all grey areas in Sounds and Audio Devices properties remain grey and say no dound device installed

HP Recommended

i have this same problem, and i have tried all the fixes below. wheni go to install the aclink audio drivers they fail because there is no media device installed in the computer, or it cant locate the device. also tryed to install the conexant HD audio drives as well and the microsoft UAA drivers for audio and nothing there either. this audio worked fine before windows 7 upgrade, i knew there was no driver for windows 7 for this unit and the vista driver fix didn't work either. but it played sound fine with Linux Mint 17.01 an 03 installed so i know it has an audio board init . for some reason no matte what ive done or where ive looked it can't be found, and all driver istalation attemps fail because it say there is no audi device found/installed on the unit ! so ; anyone got any other ideas that no one has tryed yet?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.