Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (16,182 Views)

No sound from speakers on Envy

I was watching a movie with my new Envy yeterday with headphones, all was good.  today I get NO sound form internal speakers, even at startup.  Nothing that I see is on mute, volume buttons working fine, but still no sound.  Suggestions for trouble shooting please.

Thanks,

James

Provost
Message 2 of 7 (16,164 Views)

Re: No sound from speakers on Envy

HI,

JamesMulder wrote:

I was watching a movie with my new Envy yeterday with headphones, all was good.  today I get NO sound form internal speakers, even at startup.  Nothing that I see is on mute, volume buttons working fine, but still no sound.  Suggestions for trouble shooting please.

Thanks,

James

Which OS?

Can you provide screenshots from control panel-->Sound?

Are the speakers set as default?

Have you tested the Speaker setup?

sound_test.PNG

Best regards,
erico

If you would like to say thanks, just click on the thumbs up icon.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (16,113 Views)

Thanks, I will check that tonight when I get home.  BTW, everything worked fine until I installed a Microsoft Security Update.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium, pre-installed.  After I did the recommended download, speakers stopped working.  Thanks!

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (16,047 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

JamesMulder wrote:

BTW, everything worked fine until I installed a Microsoft Security Update.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium, pre-installed.  After I did the recommended download, speakers stopped working.  Thanks!

Try to restore your system to point where everything was wporking ok and check is this issue solved or not.

Resource:

How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (15,813 Views)

I also got the same issue start this morning. Re-installing the beat drivers also no good.

the sound only will be out while plugin the headphone. no internal sound.

please help

Student
Message 6 of 7 (14,917 Views)

Had the problem when I tried to connect my Dr Dre wireless headphones.

Solution:

1.Goto the "Sound" panel avaliable from control panel.

2. In the field where the device are displayed 'Right-click" and select "Show disabled Device" from the mouse fly-out menu.

3. Now that all device show - ENABLE your speakers. The Internal Envy speakers are "IDT High Definition Audio"

Good luck

Doc

Student
Message 7 of 7 (5,424 Views)

I am experiencing the same problem.  Did you get any replys that helped you?  If so, what did you do?  thanks,  4Maxwell

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation