Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion g6 and want to pair it with a Bose Soundlink Mini bluetooth speaker - it doesn't work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Very frustrating.   It paired with my iPad and iPhone easily.

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hi,

For pairing your bluetooth Bose speaker to your computer. I have included the link 'SoundLink® Wireless Mobile speaker update' to download the actual software, and updates available. According to the page for the download, you will need to have the speaker connected to the computer with a micro USB cord.

If the above step fails to resolve the issue, I will need to know the full model number of your notebook, and what version of Windows you are running. I have included the documents 'Guide to finding your product number', and 'Which Windows operating system am I running?'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have tried everything to pair my hp dv6-3121nr to my Bose Soundlink mini speaker.  My computer recognizes the Bose but does not connect.

HP Recommended

Lisa,

This software update you posted is for the larger Bose Soundlink speaker, and NOT the smaller Bose Soundlink Mini.  I too have the same problem pairing my Bose Soundlink Mini with my Windows 8.1 laptop (HP 2000 laptop) with Bluetooth adapter.  I really think this is a Windows 8.1 issue but if you know anything that can help troubleshoot this, that would be great.

HP Recommended

Hi dfbreit and needforsleep,

I have been working with a couple of other people on this thread but it appears that those speakers are not compatible with laptops. Pinehurst_Ken had contacted Bose and they said his computer lacks A2DP support which is something that is not available on all Bluetooth adapters.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

It's not true that the mini soundlink does not work with laptops.  I have a macbook air as well as an HP elitebook.  to make the mac work with the Bose, just turn it on.  To make the HP work. .. not sure yet, but it clearly involves a lot of time on forums reading instructions that also do not work about installing drivers.

HP Recommended

After a whole day of searching and digging I have found the solution.

Uninstall the old driver (remove the driver) and install the driver from the link:

http://www.filedropper.com/processing/filedownload.php?id=btw6209700

It takes a bit to install, but after that it works perfectly!

Peace out! 😉

HP Recommended

I solved my own pairing problem by turning on the Windows setting for Bluetooth radio and by using a dongle.  I'm now able to broadcast my Itunes library on the laptop to the Bose mini wirelessly!

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion g7 notebook pc.  My Bose Mini Soundlink speaker worked perfectly with windows 8.  When I upgraded to Windows 8.1, it failed to work.  I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with a Bose technician to no avail (although the speaker did work with my tablet and phone.)  I tried to troubleshoot on my own through Hardware and Sound/Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator.  The device status reported "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)  I went to the HP site and downloaded 2 driver updates.  The Bose Mini Soundlink was connected after that but still did not work.  I uninstalled the device, erased the memory and reinstalled.  It paired just fine, but the music still does not play through the speakers!  Very, very frustrating.  Is this a Microsoft issue (apparently).  I hope someone can help. 

HP Recommended

This didn't solve it but I got it solved by using a dongle and going into the bluetooth settings and setting it to bluetooth radio.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.