Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 13 d-0016nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sirs,

Because of some problems with an engineering programme I had to install again Windows 10 on my laptop. The Windows version is the same of the one installed on the laptop when I bought it. Before the installation the laptop's audio with HDMI worked well, but then, while the video with HDMI keeps working well, the audio goes out directly from the laptop, as the cable wasn't connected. 

I tried to enable the HDMI connection from 'reproduction devices' but I'm not able to do this because it's like the cable isn't connected, and the icon of HDMI connection appears like grey. 

I tried to refresh the audio's driver but it didn't work, then I tried to download and install from the hp website the latest version of those drivers but neither this worked.

Can you help me? The laptop is quite new and I would like to solve this problem without using 2 different cables to connect also a speaker with an aux cable because the HDMI doesn't work as it should.

Thanks in advance,

Martina.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Martina.

This would be the graphics driver you need that also installs the HDMI audio driver...

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74569.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Martina:

When you go to the Sound, Video and Game controllers section of the device manager, you should see two audio devices.

Realtek HD audio (for the notebook speakers)

Intel HD audio (for the HDMI port).

If you do not see two audio devices listed, something is wrong.

If you see a Realtek HD audio device and a plain HD audio device, that means the Intel HDMI audio driver needs to be installed.

You get that driver by installing the Intel graphics driver for your model.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer,

It seems like I can't find this driver on the HP webite. Can you give me like a link where I should be able to download it? 

Sorry to bother you and thanks in advance,

Martina.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Martina.

This would be the graphics driver you need that also installs the HDMI audio driver...

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74569.exe

HP Recommended

It worked!!! Thank you so much and sorry for any bother.

Martina

HP Recommended

Anytime, Martina.

Glad to have been of assistance.

No bother at all!

That's what we're here for...to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.