Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Recentely i Changed From windows 7 to windows  8 PRO

LAPTOP MODEL:HP Pavilion g4-1304au Notebook PC

Everything was Working fine in Windows 7

But Srs Premium Audio Enhancement Alone Not working now in Windows 8

07-05-13 9-41-25 PM.png

I downloaded latest driver from this page:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4131&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5373...

Gave "clean Install" by uninstalling old audio drivers..

Tried Several times by reinstalling Drivers but sitll its not working !!!!!

HP plz Help Me Out! !!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I understand the SRS sound feature is not working after upgrading to Windows 8.

How as the unit upgraded to Windows 8?  Was this done through an in-place upgrade or through a clean install of Windows 8?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Clean Installation....

HP Recommended

I suspect that there is a piece of software missing that is necessary for this function to work since the audio driver has already been installed from HP's site.  For Windows 8, I recommend an in-place upgrade over a clean install.  You may need to perform a recovery using the recovery disks to get back to the original software configuration and then in-place upgrade to Windows 8.  

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I was able to get my SRS Pro Audio to work on my HP Folio 9470m on Windows 8.1, I just uninstalled the audio drivers and install them again using the HP Drivers Disc that i had to order from them. I hope this work. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.