Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 20 (15,514 Views)

Sound won't play through my TV with a HDMI Cable

Hey guys.

I can't play sound from my laptop through my TV with the HDMI Cable plugged in. I have seen on forums that you need to go on Sound, Playback Devices and make HDMI your default but I do not have this option. How can I get HDMI on my Playback Devices list.

Thanks for your help.

Top Student
Message 2 of 20 (15,480 Views)

Re: Sound won't play through my TV with a HDMI Cable

Same problem here.

HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 20 (15,477 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi jcworchard. I am sure I can find you a document with instructions. I just need to know what version of Windows you have installed. Also what is the model number of your computer?

<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108
<How Do I Find My Desktop Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 4 of 20 (15,442 Views)

I have recently installed Windows 8.1 and my Model Number is; Product number: E2U40EA#ABU

Tutor
Message 5 of 20 (15,378 Views)

Me too having same problem. Upgraded to 8.1 and HD Audio not working. Product Niumber - C8P48AV
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 20 (15,305 Views)

jcworchard, try uninstalling and reinstalling the 8.1 version of your audio drivers. Let me know if that brings back HDMI audio.

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-124857-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Support Agent
Message 7 of 20 (15,305 Views)

Anand_B, this should be the same file, but to make sure I went to your computers driver download page (HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition). Let me know.

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-124857-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Student
Message 8 of 20 (15,291 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem: no audio on my TV when connecting with HDMI after Win 8.1 update. Just can hear sound on my laptop while watching the video on my TV.

I've tried re-installing both versions of Audio drivers included in HP website, also the NVIDIA drivers and didn't work.

Anyone has any other idea?

my laptop model is: C8P47AV (Envy TS 15)

Thank you very much in advance.

Honor Student
Message 9 of 20 (15,273 Views)

How do you uninstall the Audio Driver.

I downloaded and installed the one you told me to without uninstalling but still have the same problem.

Tutor
Message 10 of 20 (15,255 Views)

Hi Terry,

I have tried that.. but still have the problem exists.

Thanks,

Anand

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation