Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all! It's my first time and my first post on the HP Forums!

Before I begin, I just want to let everyone know that I have an HP 15.

Today, I was listening to a file on my laptop.

All of a sudden, the audio shut off.

I have two computer speakers I use to listen to music and audio files.

Those speakers are joined together by two wires: the audio jack and the wire that joins the two speakers together.

I had the speakers turned on when the audio shut down. So, I decided to turn the speakers off to see if the audio would come back on.

Nothing happened.

I then took the speakers' audio jack out of my laptop completely.

Nothing.

What can I do?

Sincerely,

Donald

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @don29002, 

You have come to the right place to find suggestions, solutions and a helping hand with the sound not working. 

Did you happen to try the audio troubleshooter? It might be able to fix your issue automatically.

Have you tried plugging in external speakers to see if it is the compatibility?

When you connect headphones, do you still hear the audio issue?

Have you tried updating the audio driver?

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant to update all of your drivers?

Have you tried using the Windows troubleshooting tool?

Have you tried to uninstall the audio driver?

If not, please use the following steps:

• Go to the Device Manager
  • Click on Sound, video, and game controllers
  • Right click on each Sound driver
  • Click Uninstall
  • Restart your Notebook twice

You can find the steps above and other troubleshooting steps in the No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10, 😎 document. Please make sure to follow the steps. 

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Could you also please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?)?

Thanks! 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.