Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

All sounds for devices muted, including speakers. Short squeaking sounds appear to come from within the laptop (under the keyboard) and not through the speakers.The sounds apppear to occur randomly. What could be the source of the squeaking sounds and how to stop them?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

How long did it take from the first use of the laptop before the sound appeared. At my opinion the reason can be one of the following:

1. The laptop is new one and this is just the noise of the hard disk. Some hard disk make such kind of a sounds.

2. The laptop is old one and the hard disk is going to die and sounds are from the hard disk too.

3. What you hear is just the sound of the buil-in speakers on the motherboard and the sound appear when you press multiple keys or repeatedly press shift key.

I am not sure, so wait for another opinion. 

HP Recommended

My new laptop is doing this same random squeak/chirp thing, too.

The weird sound seems to be emitting from the left-rear area. 

It may be from a fan, as a vent is located in that vicinity, but I don't hear a fan running or powering down.

Strange...

Just found this possible fix, and have applied it to both the "Integrated Microphone Array" and the one labeled "External Mic."

http://forum.notebookreview.com/6347979-post1478.html

I also right clicked on the speaker icon, and went to "Open Volume Mixer," and muted them both there.

I'll let y'all know if I hear (or don't hear) that sound again.

HP Recommended

The checking of  "Listen to this Device" and muting the microphone fix (as seen in the above link) has worked!

The extra step of muting under "Open Volume Mixer" does nothing, as it gets un-muted after a restart.

HP Recommended

Folks,

My Laptop is an HP Pavilion V2Z45AV with a 2TB harddisk from Seagate - Samsung, ST2000LM003 HN-M201RAD (Win10 Home 64bit).

I solved the problem of the HDD that was making such a clicking, creaking, squeak noise randomly every few minutes.

this post of me might be useful :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Solved-HDD-making-clicking-crea...

Success!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.