Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have my volume set at the highest setting on my HP Pavilion g series laptop but the sound should be louder.....is there a way I can increase it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

One thing can help is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

One thing can help is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you so very very much for responding regarding my sound situation...I am going to do exactly what you

suggested that I do. I feel sure that this will definitely help... again THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really appreciate

your help.

Kind regards,,,,,shilo624

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're more than welcome :generic:

Best regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very much for this topis

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot for give me solution.
HP Recommended

@shilo624 wrote:

I have my volume set at the highest setting on my HP Pavilion g series laptop but the sound should be louder.....is there a way I can increase it?

HP Recommended

You know your HP product, my volume now have the volume strength that's needed to my satisfaction.

Thank you so very very much!

James Davis

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have HP pro book g2 430 

I can't find that option on my play back device ? 

HP Recommended

The sound from the standard speakers pf my Pprobook 645 G1 was amazing until I reset the whole system. Now it sounds like any old laptop. 

How can I regain the old sound?

Regards

Haluk

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.