Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you check the following and let me know.

Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Imaging devices - does your webcam show up here?

If it does, right click the entry and select Properties.  Click the driver tab and let me know if there is an error code displayed here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

strange things going on here, first the mic doesn't work then webcam now fingerprint reader !!!

in device manager the fingerprint reader says " Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

the webcam does appear in the list and says the driver is up to date. It also states that its working properly which it isnt.

Any clues? Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

If both the above tests pass, try the following.

From the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.  In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.

sfc /scannow                 ( note that there is a space between sfc and the / )

Let the process complete, then type exit and hit enter.

Next, click the Start Menu, click Computer, left click Local Disc C once to highlight it, right click Local Disc C and select Properties.  Click the Tools tab and then click the button to 'Check the Drive for Errors'.  In the following window make sure both boxes are ticked and then click Start.  Agree to schedule the check at the next system restart and then restart the notebook - this process can take a couple of hours to complete before loading back into Windows.

Download and reinstall the Validity Sensor driver on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55109.exe

After this has completed, restart the notebook and check in Device Manager that this has installed Ok.  If it has, try the previous method I posted for reinstalling the IDT Audio driver and check if the microphone is now working.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, the finger print reader came up with an error code then after following those steps it now works.

unfortunatly the mic and web cam are still a mystery.

on the webcam it says in device manager its working properly but it doesnt come on at all. On skype in the video settings the icon goes round as if its trying to work but doesn't do anything after that.

There are 2 options on the web setting on skype VDP source or Cyberlink webcam splitter! neither works but if you select the cyber link setting it opens a new program and says my webcam is not detected check its turned on...

Any further advice? Thanks again

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would suggest trying the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for Skype and select Uninstall - when this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, repeat the above procedure to uninstall Cyberlink YouCam - again, restart the notebook after this has completed.

Now repeat the previous procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling the IDT driver as shown below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55094.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook again and let Windows fully load.  Open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check if you now have audio.

You can also download and install the latest version of Cyberlink YouCam from the following link.

Cyberlink YouCam.

When the installation has completed, launch the application and check if it will access your Webcam correctly.

Let me know.

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I have just recently been having this same problem. I have tried all of your suggestions (as well as a few others) and nothing seems to work. Audio playback is fine, the drivers say they are working properly, but I get no signal. It worked as recently as a week ago. If you have any other solutions or ideas please let me know. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem.  None of the solutions proposed here works, but the microphone array still gives no output.  I would be grateful for any advice that you can come up with.

HP Recommended

I, too, am having the exact same problem.  My web-cam doesn't work and neither does my microphone.  I know the web-cam did at one point, and I'm pretty sure the microphone worked at one point too.  Now neither works (everything else seems to be working fine).

Any update to this?

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Same exact problem for me. So frustrated and HP support wasn't able to do anything...
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Please provide us the complete model of your system along with the operating system, so that we can assist you in a better way.

How to locate model number:

Notebook:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards,

=======================

I am an HP employee.

If my suggestion was helpful, you can thank me by clicking on the "Kudos" button!
If my answer solved your problem, please feel free let the community know by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.