Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

thanks. i have watched the video. and same apply for microphone ya? my webcam working fine. thanks

HP Recommended

applied wots in the video. i tried pushing the connector up didnt work. 

Regards

HP Recommended

У меня не работает микрофон и веб-камера на ноутбуке hp pavilion dv7 windows 8. Не знаю как их настроить.

HP Recommended

I just registered for an account on this forum for the sole purpose of saying thanks for this tip! Holy crap, I just wasted two hours of my morning reinstalling device drivers and restarting the laptop. All it turned out to be was a loose wire! Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

PHYSICAL SOLUTION? THE PROBLEM IS VERY COMMON BUT THIS SOLUTION WORKS

I had the same infuriating problem but discovered by chance a couple of guys on youtube who had found and corrected a physical problem which worked for me - all down to a connection under the bezel coming detached, possibly because the cable being too short. Try this if you are having problems . Even try it before all the software uninstalling and driver resetting that is a real time waster. The problem is nothing to do with Skype but is noticed when Skype is being used 'cos when else are you using the integrated microphone and videocam?

Amazingly both are affected by the sam detached cable. It is the white plug in that needs to be arranged to plug into the black fixing pushing the white up and away from the screen until it engages - should feel this happening. The links are below. he second is rather blurry but you can make out the procedure. There is also on Youtube a russian (I think) going through the same procedure whole video clarity is better but unless you know russian . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpS6GD0hZo

Best of luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.