Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can't get any sound out of my laptop apart from through using headphones. Troubleshooting doesn't sort it out? Anyone else experience these problems with the PAVILLION G6 SERIES

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please enable Speakers in Playback devices as follows:

1. Right click speaker icon (right hand corner)
2. Select Playback devices
3. Right click Speakers
4. Enable it and set as Default
5. Click Apply/Ok

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

my hp series g laptop also suddenly only plays if i use headphones.i tried the suggestion but when i tested it despite me not hearing anything (no im not deaf,the volume is turned up,everything as far as i can see is enabled) it passes the test and i can see the bar rising and falling as if there is sound so the system thinks there is sound.Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem! I tried to format my notebook but it didn't work. this afternoon I phoned the hp support...waiting for their answer 😞

HP Recommended

i am having the same problem since a few days ago! the fact that it doesn't go away after reformating indicates that it's not about some update or something...

what did they answer? the hp support i mean..

HP Recommended
I'm still waiting. :s
HP Recommended

after downloading drivers and trying everything i spoke with support.Its the laptop and there is something wrong with it.I have to send it in so they can fix it.

HP Recommended

u sure, there are a zillion posts last few days, they all have the same problem.. is it possible that all hp computers broke at once?

i don't think so..

HP Recommended

positive.and here is why.I bought the exact same laptop in June.I got it home the hard drive immediately went out the next day and had to go back and exchange it.As soon as I got this one home i noticed a couple of things but thought surely i couldnt have gotten 2 bad in a row.so i have had issues since day one.Its the harddrive again.,

HP Recommended

kk... hope my ain't a hardware thing since my warranty has expired...

btw gl

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.