Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Want to increase volume on my laptop but nothing I have tried works. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

One thing can may help a little is the following.  Right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.  Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.  Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.  Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I need a different solution.  I'm running Windows 8 on a new HP Envy x2 Convertible.  The volume level at it's highest is poor, at best.  No way can you hear playback on a plane.  How can I get better sound?  You'd think that the range from Beats Audio would cover something as simple as this.  Please let me know what I can do.  This is lame.

HP Recommended

Hello SnuffySurf,

Did you try the suggestion of DavidPK?  Did it help at all?  What is your product number

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

i have a problem with my speakers especially when chatting, my opponent cannot hear me whiles i can hear her perfectly. i have tried what u said but my volume is stll low. my product number is WQ753UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Yes, I did.  I think his suggestion is for pre-Windows 8.  There is no Enhancements tab on that window in the version I'm running.  I also found a suggestion to download and install a service pack with an audio fix.  That did not correct the problem.  I'm running Windows 8 on an HP Envy x2 11-g012nr Convertible Touchscreen Ultrabook (not sure of the product number).

HP Recommended

dude thank you so much thanks to that advice my sound is back to normal

HP Recommended
That worked on my old laptop with windows 7. Now I have a new hp envy with win.10. You cant access sound enhancement
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.