Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 17t-j100
Other

My hard drive crashed so I replaced it. Now when I power the computer on, I get a 03F0 error. But if I press Ctrl Alt Del it reboots normally. Is there a way to clear the error now that the hard drive is replaced?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I don't know why, but when I got up this morning everything worked normally. But to answer your question: The error happened immediately after POST, before the operating system loaded. I'm not using Windows though, so that part was irrelevent.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I should mention that the hard drive passes the system diagnostic tests.

HP Recommended

Try updating the BIOS and all applicable drivers utilizing either HP Softpaq Download Manager or HP Software Assistant, either of which can be downloaded from our drivers and support page: hp.com/support

HP Softpaq Download Manager will allow you to pick and choose from the list of bios and drivers that you want to apply to the unit

HP Software Assistant is more of an "auto-pilot" program that applies all driver updates when available for the unit

hope this helps

I am an HP Employee.
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
This program is for making it easier for other people to find solutions, by giving an answer. Please click on “Accept as Solution” if it solves the system problem.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

HP Recommended
I did update the BIOS (or EUFI) but it made no difference.
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Thank you for posting your concern on the Support Forums and sorry about the issue you are having. I went through your post, and here is what I would suggest you to try-

Legacy boot.PNG

This might help. 

Although I work for HP but I'm speaking for myself.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards

Aks3621

HP Recommended

I tried playing with that setting, but it didn't work, but I did it again anyway. It's not in the same place as shown in your image, but I still changed it to no avail. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Oh !! So you did enable Legacy boot and still the same message !! Thats strange, Could you tell me when exactly do you get that error message ?

Is it before the unit boots to windows ?

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards

Aks3621

HP Recommended

And I'm sorry just checked the picture in the post before, you need to make sure that Legacy boot is enabled , Try this link as well-

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/quot-Hard-Disk-3F0-BootDevice-n...

Regards

Aks3621

HP Recommended

Also, you might want to reseat the HDD. Let me know what happens. 

HP Recommended

And, you might want to consider replacing the SATA Cable, as its usually relates to the Cable connectors too.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.