Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-d012sl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi all im in need of miracles :).
This laptop Came with windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1 manufacter os) . had the problem boot -> bios and logo Then black screen with mouse pointer. I search on hp web and the problem seem to be win10 not getting the video driver, so i did the process of reinstall win10 from recovery partition but on any windows screen it frozes randomly so i perform a bios reset /hard reset but nothing, then i got total black screen not Even logo anymore. so i search again and turns out bios is dead so i try bios recovery and the window shows on screen it does its stuff but at reboot same problem . At this Point i ended up opening the laptop and clean evry thing apart change thermal compound artic freez mx4 un pluged bios battery ecc. On the ram i noticed a Brown spot in betwen 2 connectors clean it up but lets assume ram is dead and that was freezing win10 at thoes start up screens. After i put the laptop all together start up same problem , so i tryd bios recovery from usb to do it had to total format the hdd but still no solution . When it starts press f 10 and it will display F10. ...entring settup. In bottom left corner but does nothing.like bios was not there to boot. Knowing it makes bios recovery it says its ok and reboot but its not there :).some say its the video chip but pc its not that old and worked first and display works in bios recovery , the F10 start displays , bios is not . So if is the chip whats the diference betwen bios recovery screen , bios screen and the F10 screen why it display some stuff and not other i can understand fried chip doesnt display windows screen but the other stuff seeams similar screens.and if ram is fried why it startup the other screens but not bios XD i hate laptops Hope some one can help me . Btw tryd external monitor but nothing no signal 😞
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well its what I was doing from the  begining .

-Download bios F.0 or F.10 and create a USB Flash (DONE....)

-Plug in HP Laptop and boot with Win+B (DONE...)

-After 10 sec the LCD lights up but is blank then the Recovery Screen pop's up and do the writing bios process folowed by the check bios process, when it's finished the PC reboots and eventualy writes the '' BOOT BLOCK '' and then the screen stay's lighted up but still black no HP logo no nothing I've done it 100 times now and no luck .

-For the Pheonix process I didnt manage to make it start I've done the 2gb fat16 USB Flash but I dont get a CRM mode with the pc that beep's or flashes (That should do even with no USB in) . All i can do is the Win+B method (and it starts ONLY the HP Update/Recover Bios screen).

-Fn+B     (DONE... Nothing)

-Fn+Esc (DONE... Nothing)

-Win+B  (DONE... Working)

-Hardware Issue (Dont think so unpluged every thing, only Mobo + Keyboard/MousePad and Power cable even bios battery unpluged)

-GPU issue (Dont think so LCD lights up and bios recovery / update screen shows up)

-Whell I guess it's just one of the many pice of s.... of HP (''high quality'') manufacter.

So never mind close the post ill go Pro Asus or Acer thx for the help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

On the ram i noticed a Brown spot in betwen 2 connectors clean it up but lets assume ram is dead and that was freezing win10 at thoes start up screens.

If you think the ram (Memory Module) is faulty, then a replacement may be the answer. 

======================================================================

My thoughts are a stable and cohesive plan.

If you have already disassembled the laptop and re-assembled it, then perhaps removing things that could be problematic like the HDD and any add in Wi-Fi cards, optical drives etc.  Then power on and get a BIOS installed and working.

I am unable to work out if you have a screen working or not?

So can you update me please.

HP Recommended
Yep screen works i can see the bios recovery screen and the F10....BIOS setup(if u press f 10 when you boot the pc) writing in the left down corner but stays freezed at that Point . Thats the problem it performs the bios update/recovery no problem i see the screen it reboots problem Not solved . I tried install to bare Bone only motherboard ram and keyboard for win+b and power combination so i dont understand why it displays evry thing of the recovery process but not evry thing else. Its like it will install the bios it checks it out its ok reboot and opsss no bios to get in or boot **bleep** XD. The ram thing could solve it but still i dot get it how can it make bios recovery but not boot the bios at startup ...btw Thanks for the reply
HP Recommended

Hi

Yep screen works

My thoughts are a stable and cohesive plan.  ONE thing at a time, I am male and can't multitask.

So with the bare-bones active consider    http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

This is to test the memory, also test whether the system can be made to boot from a USB, although you may choose the optical DVD route, with no HDD present if practicable.

HP Recommended
Hi again, since i was not able to start memtest from usb or cd i went to a local store and buy a ddr3 pc3 2gb the other one the original was ddr3 pc3l so i put it in and start the pc same problem lcd lights up but stays black. So i did a bios recovery once again but same stuff it goes to the recovery screen it does the writing and check bios, reboot all by it self and black screen. Press F10 at startup and it will display the f10....bios settup. In the corner of the screen and nothing stays freezed at that point. So my guess is that bios is dead and there is nothing to recover because it shows some screens but not when it starts normaly and bios should load . Meaning that it recovery but when reboot there is no bios or its bricked . Infact when i try to change back to the other ram it doesnt start like the bios doesnt auto switch from 1.5v to 1.35v (the pc3 L thing) if i go back to the new pc3 1.5 v it works again with the old problem :). So im quite sure its bios problem.
HP Recommended

Hi

Like I say 1 thing at a time.

@Wolf198818 wrote:
Hi again, since i was not able to start memtest from usb or cd i went to a local store and buy a ddr3 pc3 2gb the other one the original was ddr3 pc3l so i put it in and start the pc same problem lcd lights up but stays black. So i did a bios recovery once again but same stuff it goes to the recovery screen it does the writing and check bios, reboot all by it self and black screen. Press F10 at startup and it will display the f10....bios settup. In the corner of the screen and nothing stays freezed at that point. So my guess is that bios is dead and there is nothing to recover because it shows some screens but not when it starts normaly and bios should load . Meaning that it recovery but when reboot there is no bios or its bricked . Infact when i try to change back to the other ram it doesnt start like the bios doesnt auto switch from 1.5v to 1.35v (the pc3 L thing) if i go back to the new pc3 1.5 v it works again with the old problem :). So im quite sure its bios problem.

Personally I would try and differentiate between all the things you are posting.

So if it the BIOS try ang get a new one.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-d000-notebook-pc-series/6529963/model/6818574#...

Details

This package provides an update to the System BIOS. The update installs on supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System. It is necessary to restart the system to complete the installation.

File name: sp69892.exe

Also I would create a new pair of Windows 10 installation disks fron here, USB and/or DVD...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Also read here...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Fixing-A-laptop-which-had-had-a-bad-BIOS-upgra...

FINALLY download the bios as I said on another machine and run it, when you see this screen...

BIOS updater.png

OPT for create a recovery USB flash drive.

Now with all that has gone before you have all the tools to try and install a BIOS and then an Operating System if needed.

HP Recommended

Well its what I was doing from the  begining .

-Download bios F.0 or F.10 and create a USB Flash (DONE....)

-After 10 sec the LCD lights up but is blank then the Recovery Screen pop's up and do the writing bios process folowed by the check bios process, when it's finished the PC reboots and eventualy writes the '' BOOT BLOCK '' and then the screen stay's lighted up but still black no HP logo no nothing I've done it 100 times now and no luck .

-For the Pheonix process I didnt manage to make it start I've done the 2gb fat16 USB Flash but I dont get a CRM mode with the pc that beep's or flashes (That should do even with no USB in) . All i can do is the Win+B method (and it starts ONLY the HP Update/Recover Bios screen).

-Fn+B     (DONE... Nothing)

-Fn+Esc (DONE... Nothing)

-Win+B  (DONE... Working)

-Hardware Issue (Dont think so unpluged every thing, only Mobo + Keyboard/MousePad and Power cable even bios battery unpluged)

-GPU issue (Dont think so LCD lights up and bios recovery / update screen shows up)

-Whell I guess it's just one of the many pice of s.... of HP (''high quality'') manufacter.

So never mind close the post ill go Pro Asus or Acer thx for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi

I dont understand the Win + B reference

I press ESC then F9, then select the USB key as the boot device.

I do not do  a hard reset and try and get the Laptop to self heal under these circumstances (I have done the self heal also) because the self heal is just going to roll back / re-install the old corrupted BIOS, ignoring the new clean version on  the USB stick.

BUT I have not experienced your circumstances and believe you have tried everything and now have decided to move on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.