10-27-2012 10:27 AM
I have an HP Pavilion dv7-1243d -- drive always busy.
Sometimes when I shut down it says that the AMD:CCC-AEM Capturing Window is not responding. I did a internet search and someone proposed downloading and running an AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool. Is this the tool to use with my system?
operating system: Vista
Recently added a new printer (HP Deskjet 3052A)
Sometimes the drive does not seem as busy and a dialog box appears -- says that the "Host process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed."
I try to run the disk error-check and error box says that "windows can't check the disk while it's in use"
10-29-2012 01:08 PM
Let's verify that the catalyst control center (what AMD uses for video cards) is at fault.
Go to Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features>Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall anything that references ATI Catalyst Control Center. May say AMD Catalyst Control Center instead. This can always be reinstalled later.
Once that is uninstalled, reboot if prompted. I recommend rebooting after any program is uninstalled to ensure anything that was in the registry is cleared.
Once the system is back up, shut it down to see if you get that message still.
Let me know what happens.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)