Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14-x010nr Chromebook
Chrome OS

Chromebook abrutly shuts off once it hits the login screen. I can almost get to desktop if I hit guest login immediately.  

Power status light on side looks good to about the time it gets to the login screen and than starts to continously blink.  This is the case only when the power cord is first plugged in.  After the first shutdown and plugged in it will continously blink.  The bootup process can be started again by the power button or opening lid with same results. 

We have tried a cold reset, new power brick, recovery, and even disconnected the battery to try without.  Battery indicator (when I can see it for the brief second) still says no charge even though it is plugged in. 

Issue occurs in developer mode also.  Seems to keep power for 6 to ten seconds and than thats it.  

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Tworks-WA, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand the chromebook shuts down abruptly at the login screen.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Have you tried charging your PC with a different adapter or wall outlet?

Try and check whether your fan is functioning because overheating makes a machine to shut down regularly.

Please try the steps recommended below.

It is not necessary to sign in to a Google Account before using Powerwash. Use the following steps to reset your Chromebook to its original factory state without signing in to an account:
   CAUTION:
All data saved on your Chromebook's hard drive (local storage) is deleted when you use Powerwash. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the Chromebook.
On the sign-in screen, hold down the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R keys.
In the Powerwash your Chrome device window, click Reset.

Refer this article to know further information about Performing a Factory Reset on Your HP Chromebook.

If the issue still persists, it is a hardware issue with your PC, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful weekend ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.