12-08-2013 12:12 PM
Since last saturday my computer shows a black screen after I entered my password.
Also, since yesterday, my computer is significantly slower when i'm playing a game. Normally the game would play fluently, but now it doesn't.
I don't know what happened friday that caused this problem. I can't remember I did anything different from other days.
Anyone knows what this might be?
Thanks in advance.
12-11-2013 02:48 PM
I understand your computer shows a black screen after you entered your password. Here is a document on performing a hard reset.
If that does not help the best thing you could do is try system restore. Here is a document on how to do that.
Hope this helps you.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)