Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy m6 enterainment pc
I don't know what my little sister did to my lap top but now when I turn my lap top on it goes right to this black screen with a blue box saying to enter the administration password or power code..??

She is 12 and says she don't know what she did and my college stuff is on here please help me!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

If you normally sign-on with an email and password, see if you can reset the password via another PC from the Microsoft page on the following link.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Otherwise, there is a general policy on the Forum not to provide methods to bypass Windows log-on passwords, however a local computer shop would be able to do this for you.

Another option, if all your personal data etc is backed-up, would be to reset the notebook to its 'Factory Condition' and then set it up from the beginning – if you don’t have your Recovery Media, the notebook will have shipped with a Recovery Partition which can be accessed at boot - ie shutdown the notebook, then start tapping away at f11 as soon as you power on.

A full guide on this can be found on the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006110#!&AbT1%3Fjumpid=hpr_r1002_usen_link1

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended
The code I get is : 59947008
HP Recommended

@Bryttney1993

Enter    46625028

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
OMG thank you so much !!
But I see that it didn't take off the password she put on it looks like she tried to make her own account but she put a password on mine...do u know what I do to get it off?
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

If you normally sign-on with an email and password, see if you can reset the password via another PC from the Microsoft page on the following link.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Otherwise, there is a general policy on the Forum not to provide methods to bypass Windows log-on passwords, however a local computer shop would be able to do this for you.

Another option, if all your personal data etc is backed-up, would be to reset the notebook to its 'Factory Condition' and then set it up from the beginning – if you don’t have your Recovery Media, the notebook will have shipped with a Recovery Partition which can be accessed at boot - ie shutdown the notebook, then start tapping away at f11 as soon as you power on.

A full guide on this can be found on the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006110#!&AbT1%3Fjumpid=hpr_r1002_usen_link1

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Thank you so much! You have been an amazing help
David! Again thank you so much!
HP Recommended

@Bryttney1993

You're more than welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
My compaq Presario cq56 has a black screen with a rectangle box saying enter administrator password or power on password I don't know how this happened I can't get in my labtop please help me
HP Recommended

@bbattle

At the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a 'halt code' - post back with this code.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
63718219 this is what it shows when I hit enter 3 Times
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.