Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 13-s128nr

My wife has a Pavvillion 13-s128nr.  When turning on the machine you get a black screen.  The power light is on but nothing shows up...totally black.  I rebooted the machine a few times same result.  I left the machine on to drain the battery.  Plugged it back in and restrted it same issue.  We bought the machine in November 2015.  What are my options with getting this back and running.

thanks,

Rob Topham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Robtop,

Please find steps that i shared below;

- Unplug all usb devices,battery and power cord.

- Press and Hold "Power Button" for 30 sec.

- After that, Plug battery and power cord in again.

-  Power on again and check status of your device.

If problem persist, Most probably your device has bios corruption issue. 

Please find steps that i shared about bios rollback below;

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
  3. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.
  4. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
  5. The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Robtop,

Please find steps that i shared below;

- Unplug all usb devices,battery and power cord.

- Press and Hold "Power Button" for 30 sec.

- After that, Plug battery and power cord in again.

-  Power on again and check status of your device.

If problem persist, Most probably your device has bios corruption issue. 

Please find steps that i shared about bios rollback below;

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
  3. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.
  4. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
  5. The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
HP Recommended

_Cagin,  it was a corrupted BIOS.  The re-flashing did the trick.  Thanks for your help.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.