02-26-2014 10:14 PM
I recently purchased a HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC on the 28/12/2013, brand new. Yet about 2 weeks ago, it began giving me the Blue Screen of Death, and I'm unsure exactly why this is occurring as it is still quite a new laptop.
Occassionally, when I power up the Notebook with my iPhone plugged in, soon after loading the Windows home screen, a Blue Screen of Death comes up with the error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".
Other times, when it randomly gives me a Blue Screen of Death, the error is "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION".
Furthermore, the laptop becomes rather warm to touch even while idle. While playing games, parts of the laptop become almost unbearable to touch as it's extremely hot. The laptop never heated to this degree when I first purchased it and played games on it.
In the Task Manager, under the "Disk" heading, the percentage normally stays around 5-20%, but sometimes it will suddenly spike to 90%+, if not 100%. This seems to cause issues when playing games or even just during general use, like game crashes or program freezes.
Please, is there anything that might fix these symptoms as well as prevent any Blue Screens of Death occurring? Or will I have to take this laptop in for repairs?
02-28-2014 02:31 PM
Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)