02-07-2012 11:57 AM
One day last week LAPTOP wouldn't start.
by that I mean the CPU FAN turned on (works on battery and adapter plugged in).
Power light glows, but HDD doesnt. tried lots of stuff including installing a new mobo ($115). it eventually started working and I was able to boot up and get to VISTA. but VISTA was messed up. I treid to restore using recovery but recovery partition appears to be damaged. (hangs at 62% for hours).
I put in new MOBO and new HDD and since I had no VISTA disk, I installed XP.
it did power up normally for a few days and worked fine on XP.
But the LAPTOP again wont boot. I did everything mentioned as far as removing everything from laptop and holding down power switch for 30 seconds. no good.
I cannot get an external monitor to work either.
I bought a 'QIGUAN' testor' which installs in the mini pci slot and it is showing a code saying cant load bios.
which seems strange since this is a new mother board and the old motherbaord said same error code.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)