07-01-2010 05:27 PM
I'm having a very annoying problem with my HP Pavilion dv6000.
Every time it goes to hibernate mode (due to idle time or by closing it) I can't wake it up.
The Power Light (left blue led at the front) and the Power Button on the Switch Cover are blinking.
Even when I press the Power Button to wake it up or kept it pressed to power off the laptop it doesn't do anything, it remains in the same hibernate mode.
The only way to solve this is unplug the Notebook, remove the battery, wait 10 to 15 seconds, and put the battery back!!!
Of course all jobs running before going to hibernate are lost and the OS (Windows Vista) starts asking if you want to start in safe mode, normal mode, etc... meaning it wasn't shutdown properly.
I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue but I haven't found a solution yet.
I found some posts related to the battery, power options (or power plans), or even bad memory cards.
1. I have checked and replaced the memory -> Same.
2. I've reformat/restored the laptop -> Same.
3. I've check/modified the power options -> Same.
4. I don't think the problem is the power options because the same problem happens when I close the laptop without shutting it down.
If anyone can shed some light here that will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
07-01-2010 08:48 PM
The same problem happened to my dv2400....I put it on hibernate mode, after I turned it on...all the lights blink but the screen stays black....have you found a solution from any other source?
07-02-2010 03:06 AM
when power lights blink, it means that you put your computer to Stand By(not hibernate)...
in hibernate mode all the system turns off and nothing remains on or blinking...
the solution is to hold SHIFT button and the computer will wake up...
07-02-2010 07:13 PM
Thanks for your reply, I just try holding the left or right SHIFT keys but it didn't wake the computer up.
I checked the User Guide and it says about the Power Button:
● When the computer is in the Sleep state, press the button briefly to exit Sleep.
● When the computer is in Hibernation, press the button briefly to exit Hibernation.
Am I missing something?
11-06-2010 08:31 AM
You aren't crazy. And you aren't putting it in standby. Mine does the same thing. They even replaced the motherboard and the problem remains. I have not yet found a solution but would love to know if someone else can figure it out
01-02-2011 02:51 PM
I will add my laptop to the list. it is a dv6226. Have had the same no wake issue for the last 6 months. I cannot find any help on the forums and no help from HP. I have new memory, new OS install, new battery, lost patience.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)