Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
i tried the diskpart with my hdd attached as enclosure on my friend's device.... my hdd is not listed... Used list disk, list volume, evrything...
HP Recommended
i used the seagate seatools too....but it hangs when i attach the enclosure and refresh !
I know my harddrive is not permanently damaged....it has just corrupted its mbr nd partitions, but m not able to clean or format those partitions... Also i dont have a big electromagnet to wipe off all the data.... So help
HP Recommended

@Piyushshekhar wrote:
i used the seagate seatools too....but it hangs when i attach the enclosure and refresh !
I know my harddrive is not permanently damaged....it has just corrupted its mbr nd partitions, but m not able to clean or format those partitions... Also i dont have a big electromagnet to wipe off all the data.... So help

You may refuse to accept it, but if Diskpart -->List volume or list disk does not see the disk when the data and power connectors are active, then the disk controller has failed.  The hard disk is dustbin material. Replace it with another new hard disk.

An electromagnet won't wip the data from the hard disk. The hard disk uses neodymium magnets as p[art of its design.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Why would I refuse....

Rather i installed a new hard disk the other day !

I knew my hard disk got dead (rare) due to software changes....but the thing that confuses me is that when i used to boot from that corrupt harddisk, why did I get that initial windows 8 logo for few seconds? It should have shown "disk failure" or something like that...

It hanged there still.... without any signs !!

HP Recommended

@Piyushshekhar wrote:

Why would I refuse....

Rather i installed a new hard disk the other day !

I knew my hard disk got dead (rare) due to software changes....but the thing that confuses me is that when i used to boot from that corrupt harddisk, why did I get that initial windows 8 logo for few seconds? It should have shown "disk failure" or something like that...

It hanged there still.... without any signs !!

It was just that the hardware interface was failing. 

I tend to run S.M.A.R.T utility tests on my legacy spinner disks once in a while. That way I already know when the drive is on the way out. Running the Hp Support Assitant hard disk test will do that for you if you schedule it or select the test manually.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.