Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hello, I was wondering how you were about to gwt your hp chromebook 14 to start runnjng agin because Im having the problem where my laptop doesnt turn on at all!
HP Recommended

I had something like this happen to my work HP Chromebook 14 recently - it was low on battery and just shut itself off, and from that point on it was completely unresponsive - not even the chargning light would come on. 

I personally own one of these devices.  On a hunch, I simply swapped the batteries between the two Chromebooks and now both work.  Hopefully both keep working.

HP Recommended

aloha my friends..

my friends chromebook 14 won't boot, no led lights are on either by the charger or by the usb port. so no charging at all.

after some research, it seems a possible problem is loose battery connector...so long story below, but it was fixed!

i got this fix from viknet here (fixing same problem with chromebook 11)...

just follow his instruction, but be careful when popping the back open, there's 2 strip wiring that attached to the back cover so do not rip it open, but pry gently. you will see it.  the battery connector is almost at same location as the chromebook 11's, as soon as i jiggled it, the darn thing is working again..so i think it's just got jarred loose or whatever..if you just unplug and plug, your chromebook14 will be awake again..and make sure you take off ALL the screws..4 hiddend one by those white soft pads.

here's what vicknet wrote:

Re: Unable to Charge or Turn on HP Chromebook 11[ New ]

Hi all.

I faced same problem tomorrow. My chromebook discharged down to 0 and shutdown.
Charging light doesn't light even after night on charger.

But today I tried some stupid and reckless things and it helps!

First of all, you need to open bottom case. There are hints about how it can be done: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7418/hp-chromebook-11-review

And now interesting part:
1) Make sure charger is not connected
2) Pull out battery connector and wait about minute: https://plus.google.com/photos/109955481989177063222/albums/6012256117845139825/6012256117803552962
3) Plug in charger in chrome book and wait several seconds after light is up
4) (!) Carefully pull back battery connector.
Next seconds may resurrect you chromebook or kill permanently Smiley Happy

In my case, charging light turn to red, but couple seconds after turn yellow again and charging started.
After half an hour I open lid and chromeOS booted.

Good luck everyone.

HP Recommended

I just fixed my Lenovo chromebook and then my wife's HP chromebook. Mine was powered when it died in the night because I could still charge my phone off of it. I found a tiny hole next to my power in port and pushed it with a round toothpick. It started.

With the HP there was a led on the side, handed her a toothpick and it worked. She pushed the led. Hers has been down a month and she considered tossing it. I bought for her for christmas a little over a year ago.

Also read about one with a reset button under one of the rear rubber feet. Supposed to hold reset and push start button.

The thing is, don't give up so easily. I googled it on my phone and quickly got two up with a dab of tinkering.

HP Recommended
My chrome book will charge, and I can plug my iPhone charger in it and it will work, but the screen won't come on. I've tried to hold the power button but I can't seem to find out how to get it back on.
HP Recommended

Hi @Michaellara,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.