Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have Compaq 610 laptop. My laptop battery has been  already dead. and it is running only from A/C power earlier.  But now it's not working even from A/C power. when charger plugged in the Blue color led is blinking. please help me to solve this. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello DXMNW,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your notebook computer is not able to power on, how the blue LED light flashes, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To further diagnose the issue with your notebook, I recommend following this document on when the Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps. This should help in powering on the notebook again, or help determine if the root of the issue involves a hardware component.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello MechPilot,

I carefully read what you have mentioned with your reply. But I checked with my laptop and i have noticed that blue color LED is continuously blinking. Please help me to solve this issue.

HP Recommended

Hello DXMNW,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Since your notebook is getting enough power to illuminate the blue LED light, I recommend following this document on Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 😎. This should help restore the display on your notebook.

For further assistance, I will need to know:

The Product and Model Number of your notebook computer.
The version of Windows you have installed on your computer.

If you hear a fan running, or the hard drive running. 

If you hear any beeps moments after you press the power button to your notebook.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry to say that my laptop does not even turn on. That mean even inside fans are not working. No power ON led working. Only CHARGING PORT BLUE COLOR LED IS BLINKING CONTINUOUSLY.

Product Number : Compaq 610

Windows Version : Windows 7

No Fans and Hard Drives are working (No Sounds hear)

No beep sound hear after pressing power button

HP Recommended

Hello again DXMNW,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Based on the information you have provided in your post, I recommend contacting our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

See: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

The number of "blinks" gives information about the type of error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.