10-07-2013 06:35 AM
My Compaq CQ57 recently refused to boot up.
I have gone through all of the usual options, restore, repair, running chkdsk etc etc to no avail.
The machine WILL however boot up in SAFE MODE every time.
I have tried disabling services and drivers for the video etc but get the same result everytime.
The system hangs unless I boot into safe mode.
Any ideas anyone please?
10-07-2013 07:11 AM
Shut down the notebook. Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu. Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the details of any error messages.
Note: If the option to run these tests is not available in the Bios Menu, use the f2 diagnostic menu instead.
Can you also post back with the following details.
1. The full Model No. and Product No. of your cq57 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.
2. The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
10-07-2013 07:55 AM
Model is CQ57-371SA running windows7 x64
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)