Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The CAPS & NUM Lock leds just turn on and stay on, as I also described in my first post.
So no blinking codes.

Or does turning on count as 1 blink?

HP Recommended

Hi s3ym0ur!

I have a similar problem with my laptop, did you managed to solve yours?

HP Recommended

Hi mergpeapa,

I'm afraid not...

What I tried:

I dissassembled everything and cleaned everything (found a lot of dust on the heat sink).

Then I tried starting up with only processor and motherboard and power supply; then i got the blink code with 3 blinks (which means memory module error). If I then reinsert I have the same situation again -> just the LEDs staying on.

I guess it must be either my CPU or my motherboard, but it's weird I do not get either of the blink codes for an error with them.

So basically, I'm still pretty clueless:p

HP Recommended

Hello I am a computer repairs tech and I have experienced this same kind of problem with the CQ60 line and also most other HP DV series. When I exhausted all trouble shooting methods I end up having to purchase new motherboards for the laptops as nothing else I have tried works. The fault is clearly with the motherboard design and HP needs to rectify this because thousands of people have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars because of this fault. I seriously think Hp should do a re-call on these troublesome models.

HP Recommended

Hi    I just had similar problem     Opened cd tray and rebooted and it worked    Evidently something causing cd not to be recognized    good luck

HP Recommended

Have a CQ61 with a similar problem, would only bootup once in 30 restarts, otherwise black screen, fan running etc. Also it seemed to run very hot when I could boot it up. Found that if I deinstalled the graphics card driver it would boot reliably. Then I could install a graphics driver from the normal windows search feature.

HP Recommended

Hi there everyone, just got this laptop from a friend to do a little Windows cleaning and noticed some troubles with it, the bios would display the message error saying "Serial Number not found", in windows the rj-45 conector wouldn't be correctlely detected by windows, the mac-adress was 00-00-00-00-00-00 ??

Now it won't even start up for anything in the world. I've plugged the power conector, the led turns ups but the power button won't work!

Can someone please help me?? 

HP Recommended

Hello, EloiCosta,

It sounds as if the BIOS has become corrupted. But all is not lost. Please goto the following HP site for directions on how to recover/restore the bios:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

'I am a :smileyhappy: volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . . Rattle Snake, that is. . . .

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.