12-16-2012 09:48 AM
My girlfriends laptop won't turn on. I've tried removing power cord, battery, and holding the button for 30 seconds. I even bought new RAM and installed it. It booted up, but the second I turned it off and tried to turn it back on again, nothing. The power cord works in other laptops, and the comp lights up when the cord is in. I also cleaned the fan. Any ideas?
12-18-2012 09:59 AM
Take the Hard Drive out and turn the notebook on and start tapping F10. If the notebook starts the Hard Drive is bad.
Let me know if it does.
11-11-2013 04:28 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 10:18 AM by OscarFuentes
Hi Scorpion2-11. What is the model number of your computer? What version of Windows is installed?
<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108
<How Do I Find My Desktop Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07555
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
07-02-2014 08:34 PM
Nothing happen when i try to start my computer i tried removing the hard drive that didnt work i tried removing the battery didnt work and changed out the memory board with new ones nothing but i did lose my inside battery its the watch looking battery i changed it three time still nothing just wondering what else i could do thank you
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)