12-07-2013 10:49 AM
Compaq nc6400 works fine in safe mode but hangs up or crashes in ordinary mode. The laptop may freeze at any time in ordinary mode: while booting, in the very beginning itself, just after boot, during password entry, after successful working of 5 or ten minutes, thus at any time. The display is static. The keyboard or mousedon't work. The only posible solution is nothing but POWER OFF ! Then start again all from the beginning. The second or third time may also the same issue may occur. What type of disease is this?
12-11-2013 08:31 AM
Thank you for you query: I am glad to assist you!
I see that your computer works in safe mode, but crashes with normal startup. I am sending you a link to a Microsoft article on A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP click here. You could try doing a Windows repair "How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if a later version of Internet Explorer is installed click here. You could try to do a system recovery "HP Notebook PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows XP, 2006 or Later) click here. You could also try running the HP Support Assistant to resolve issues and look for updates. click here. You could also run the HP Diagnostics for Windows click here. You can install and run MS Fixit it you have SP3 installed .
Microsoft Fix it click here. For step 2 select Fix performance, errors or crashes. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know the results.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)