Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got up to change the YouTube on my computer had it connected to my TV and when I went to unplug the charging wire and hdmi cord the computer shocked me and turned off and won't turn back on when I press the power button it just flashes and then goes off. I tried to put the charger in it to charge it and the light on the side doesn't turn on saying it is charging 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mmedeiros1269

Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Support Forums Community. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that your HP Envy laptop released a static shock to you and then powered off. I read that the charging light on and the screen flashes when you try to power it on. 

If the laptop continues to have static, then the next immediate action I would like to take is please wear rubber floaters/slippers while handling the laptop. As your safety is the top priority. If the laptop continues to release static shock then let me know. If there is no static shock then you may continue with the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

• Disconnect the charger.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnect any other USB devices that are connected to the laptop. 
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the laptop still does not power on then you may continue with the step by step HP troubleshooter guide to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix. The HP troubleshooter guide provides a systematic approach towards isolating the issue: http://hp.care/2fvFhBM

I am always here to support. Do let me know what happens. Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.