Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I completely took my computer apart to throughly clean it from the inside so that I could get rid of the 902 error. After putting my computer back together I am still getting the issue even though the fan is running WAY better than before I took it part. What do you suggest I do?

Is there a way to flash BIOS to get through the 902 error?

Thanks!

Abraham

HP Recommended

Hello skat_et_dieu,

I understand you’re getting the 902 message from your computer.

If you could provide the full make and model of the computer you have I can see if there any bios updates available for your computer.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I  have the same problem withmy Pavilion G6.  I still get the 902 error after replacing the fan and cleaning the vent with compressed air.

HP Recommended

Hi Bradgrr, 

I understand you're also experiencing issues with 902 cooling fan message. 

If you haven’t already done so I want to check and see if you have a firmware update available for the motherboard. Could you please provide the full make and model of the G6 that you have so I can check on that for you.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thank you

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

i am getting the cooling fan error but i can hit enter to log on..but whats wrong if the fan itself isnt coming on at all?..

HP Recommended

Hello KARENV42,

I see that you are having a problem with the cooling fan on your HP computer. To answer your question if the fan is not spinning at all it may be a hardware issue with the fan and it needs to be replaced.

There are some troubleshooting steps you can take to make sure that it is not a software issue. I would need the product and model number of the computer. Here is a link showing how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
dv6-2154ca here cleaned and fixed fan still getting 902 is there a clean boot bios or a way around the 902 screen on my laptop?
HP Recommended

blowing in the fan!! :OpenSmile:

that was a great idea. it helped me and thanks a lot

:Wink:

HP Recommended

Same error from my new (buy it two months ago) pavillion. Hard to believe that this error occurs since 2010 (check messages dates). We are in 2013 and HP still delivers notbooks with same error.

Very disapointing.

Solutions indicated does not work. Blowing into the fan is a bit ridiculous and BIOS update not help.

HP Recommended

Hello Wagnerm25,

You get an error when you start the computer.

The error is a general error that the fan is not working.

Since your computer is new HP will replace the fan.

Here is a link to a number to call HP.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.